I am so excited, this is my very first post! So, welcome to my blog which is all about food, flavors, hunger pangs, seasonings, secret ingredients & lots of fun while cooking! I started this blog on a whim. But I intend to grow it into my passion. Cooking is something that I love and have inherited the skills from my wonderful mom. She was my school. Since I am a vegetarian, my blog will be featuring recipes that are vegetarian/vegan. I will also be catering to healthy recipes and provide cooking tips, nutrition stats and share my home creations with all of you.
Sharing this simple Indian curry recipe that I made today for dinner. It’s a quick fix, vegetarian recipe and needs no prep time. You just need to chop the veggies and saute them with some spices and your dish is ready. Now who doesn’t like a useful kitchen gadget like Vidalia Chop Wizard, Chopping Dicing Vegetables Fruit Cheese with Container, New. Specially when you are crunched for time, want to cook up something for the family quickly but don’t want to waste time chopping. It definitely gets tedious. This chopper is a boon. When I ordered this from Amazon I didn’t know what to expect, since I had tried a couple of choppers in the past and had been disappointed. However this chopper is very different. It is so easy to use, clean and very efficient. I sometimes wonder what I would do without this. This gadget is such a hit that all my extended family own it now. 🙂 So yes try chopping with this chopper and make your life more easier.
- 300 gms Paneer cubes which is also known as Cottage cheese (you can get them from any Indian store in your locality)
- 3 nos Capsicums, I like to add color in my dish, so i prefer taking all the 3 colors available. We need to finely chop them.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion,
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 finely chopped green chillies (yes i like to keep the spice content high, you can alter depending on your bearing limits
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Pav bhaji masala (you can pick this up from any Indian store, its mildly spiced powder)
- 1 tsp cumin & coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- Handful of finely chopped dill leaves for garnish
- In a pan, heat the oil, temper the cumin seeds. Saute the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies for a minute. Now add the tomatoes and saute till they are cooked. Add the turmeric powder, cumin & coriander powder, pav bhaji masala and salt. Cook for another minute. Now add the capsicum and paneer. Toss them well and coat them with the masala. Cook it for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with dill leaves. Serve it hot along with any Indian bread or rice.