Baked Parmesan Garlic Potato Fingers is a great appetizer! A simple yet tasty vegetarian snack to try for your next party! Baking potatoes with seasonings is what makes this a winning dish.This appetizer is the most easy recipe on my blog. It has all the right ingredients to make a tasty dish. I mean, it has potatoes, garlic and cheese! It just cannot get any more drool-worthy than this. I think they make a great combo. This recipe is even better because its baked.
So this is how it began. We had invited a couple of our friends for dinner. My main course menu was decided. I was making Saffron Rice and Veg Kolhapuri. However I was still searching for an easy appetizer to make. Back in India, few years ago, Mac Donald had introduced a new version of spicy fries called Peri Peri flavored Fries. Me and my neighbor friend (a 9-year-old boy) would always order these fries and munch them away. It was our favorite! To tell little about my friend, he is my youngest buddy. I have seen him since the day he was born. Today he has grown up to be a handsome young boy. I still miss his childhood days though. We did many things together, we went for movies, did bowling, I used to tell him stories, plan his birthday surprise or just spend hours talking, playing or watching TV. Some special memories like these are always intact and never fade. So this time, when I was thinking of an appetizer to make, I decided to recreate those Peri Peri fries in my own way.
However I didn't want to fry these, so I decided to bake it instead. The recipe is fairly simple to make. With very little prep time and 40 mins of baking time, this party favorite snack will have your guests coming back for more. You need to wash the potatoes and cut them in thick strips. No need to remove its skin. Place them in a mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over it and give it a light mix.
Add grated Parmesan to the potatoes. Again give it a mix.
Add this to the Potato Cheese bowl. Coat the potatoes well with the seasoning.
Bake this in oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Keep checking at regular intervals so that they don't get burnt.
When done, the potatoes need to be well cooked. Check with a fork. Remove them once they cool down a little.
Garnish it with some chopped cilantro. Serve them with any dip. I used the creamy Sriracha dip. You can also enjoy them as it is like I did. This dish was an instant hit. Our guests loved it and it was gone within seconds!
Baked Parmesan Garlic Potato Fingers
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chilly powder/paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- You need to wash the potatoes and cut them in thick strips. No need to remove its skin. Place them in a mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over it and give it a light mix.
- Add grated Parmesan to the potatoes. Again give it a mix.
- Now comes the part to make the seasoning. Mix chilly powder/paprika, garlic powder, oregano and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add this to the Potato- Cheese bowl. Coat the potatoes well with the seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Meanwhile, on a baking tray place an aluminium foil. Now lay the potato fingers on the tray.
- Bake this in oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Keep checking at regular intervals so that they don't get burnt.
- When done, the potatoes need to be well cooked. Check with a fork. Remove them once they they cool down a little.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve them with any dip.
As I sat back to enjoy these Baked Parmesan Garlic Potato Fingers, I missed my friend. How I wish he was here with me and enjoying these fries. But he is miles away, in Bombay. I made a mental note to myself then, I would surely make this for me the next time we meet. I want to dedicate this recipe to him as I wish him all the success and happiness in the world. We will meet soon. 🙂