- 2 cups puffed rice Also known as Thick Poha found in the Indian store, rinse in water & keep aside in a strainer
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 bowl of chopped potatoes
- 1 tsp Mustard & Cumin seeds for tempering
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt as required
- In a non stick pan, take 1 tbsp olive oil, put in the mustard & cumin seeds for tempering, once they crackle, add onions & chillies, cook them for 2 minutes, add chopped potatoes with little salt & let them cook till they become soft. Add the peas, turmeric powder & salt as per taste. Now add the puffed rice. Mix well. Added chopped cilantro for garnish. Note, Puffed rice doesn't take long to be cooked since its rinsed in water. So you can turn off the gas in the next 5 minutes & Poha is ready.
- For people who like the taste of peanuts or grated coconut, you can add it in this as garnish.
The trick is to rinse the puffed rice just few seconds before adding it to the pan to cook. If soaked longer, they will turn clumpy.