Guest Post Alert! 🙂
Latisha Strickland is a vegan food blogger from Los Angeles. Some traits that define her – Lover of food and wine, Explorer of veg fashion and beauty, Proud kitty mommy who is on a fitness journey. It was a pleasure meeting her in the virtual world and getting to know a fellow blogger. She has many interesting recipes in her kitty which you can check out here – Theveganistafoodie. She was very kind enough to share her most popular recipe with us. Spicy Mushroom & Spinach Tofu Scramble is delicious protein packed breakfast option.
I had a couple of bloggers reach out to me for a guest post collaboration, however I was looking for the right kind of opportunity to launch this. Latisha’s blog resonates with mine. Our ideologies about food match and we both are passionate about cooking healthy food. Coming back to this recipe, tofu is cooked in a scramble and it resembles the taste and texture of scrambled eggs in many ways. Thus making is a great plant-based alternative. It has all the flavors but with less fat and no cholesterol. This version is super easy with only few steps and not to mention its full of nutrition and flavor. Spinach adds an extra boost of nutrients such as iron. Mushrooms add a slight earthly flavor and jalapeno add a spicy kick. All together, the ingredients form just the right combination of flavors.
Spicy Mushroom & Spinach Tofu Scramble
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu drained and patted dry
- 5-6 Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 5 oz Spinach
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 Large Jalapeno sliced
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Avocado optional
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the Garlic and cook until translucent (careful not to burn).
- Add the Mushroom and Jalapeño and cook until tender. (Always use caution when cooking with peppers. Avoid getting any in your eyes. Depending on the potency they may make you a sneezy when cooking. Feel free to omit the Jalapeños if spice isn’t your thing.)
- Crumble in the tofu and stir.
- Add the Nutritional Yeast, Turmeric, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook until the Tofu just barely starts to brown.
- Add the Spinach and continue to cook until the Spinach is wilted.
- Plate and Add the Avocado as garnish.
This scramble can be enjoyed alone, as a side dish or inside of a breakfast burrito.
The Veganista Foodie is a Plant Based Lifestyle Blog. Content includes recipes, reviews and various plant-based lifestyle tips. The mission of The Veganista Foodie is to be a valuable resource for the vegan community and promote a plant-based lifestyle in a way that is educational and approachable for non-vegans. You can follow her on Social media. Links are provided below.
For this recipe I recommend