Thandai Chocolate Bark
Try this innovative fusion dessert called Thandai Chocolate Bark this holiday season. Pack them as gift, or keep it all to yourself – it’s that delicious!
Servings 6 people
- 10 oz white chocolate chips
- 3-4 tbsp thandai masala
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped nuts almonds, cashews & pistachios
- 2-3 tbsp edible dried rose petals
Add white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Melt them completely. Keep checking on it every 30 seconds.
Add Thandai masala to it and give it a stir.
Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and pour this mixture over it.
Using a spatula, spread it flat.
Chop almonds, cashews and pistachios using a nuts chopper.
Sprinkle them all over the chocolate along with edible dried rose petals.
Let it set at room temperature for a couple of hours. You can even let it set in the fridge.
Once its hard, break them randomly. Store them in the fridge.
- You can use white or dark chocolate in this recipe. White chocolate makes it look more colorful and festive.
- To melt chocolate in the Microwave
- Use a microwave-safe bowl and warm the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring after each one.
- Don’t get impatient and skip a stir, and don’t overdo it!
- If you don't have a microwave
- Place the chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Cook until the chocolate is almost entirely melted, stirring frequently.
- Carefully wipe any condensation from the bottom of the bowl before scooping the chocolate onto your baking sheet.
- Thandai Masala can be easily made at home. Follow this recipe.
- It is also available at Indian grocery stores and in Amazon.
- You can get creative with the toppings. Use nuts, M&Ms, edible flowers, shaved chocolate, sprinkles, seeds, dried fruits, candies and/or pretzels.
- To make it nut free, use pepitas and/or sunflower seeds.
- To make it vegan, use vegan/dairy free chocolate.
- Do not spread the chocolate bark very thin, keep it little thick.
- If you’re in a hurry, chill the chocolate bark in the refrigerator.
- Otherwise, set it at room temperature.
Calories: 320.75kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.94g | Protein: 4.73g | Fat: 20.82g | Saturated Fat: 9.93g | Cholesterol: 9.92mg | Sodium: 44.09mg | Potassium: 209.33mg | Fiber: 1.08g | Sugar: 27.88g | Vitamin A: 110.14IU | Vitamin C: 1.62mg | Calcium: 103.65mg | Iron: 0.56mg