Cucumber Flavored Vegan Buttermilk
Make this irresistible and refreshing cucumber flavored vegan buttermilk or chaas in just 10 minutes, the next time you get cucumbers! A drink all will love!
Servings 4 glasses
Add soymilk buttermilk to a blender and add lemon juice.
Then add curry leaves, cumin powder, black salt and chaat masala.
Add cilantro. Add ice cubes if you want now.
Add chopped cucumber. Blend to make a juice consistency.
Strain if needed. Serve chilled.
- When using high fat non dairy milks like soy milk and cashew milk, boil the milk, cool to warm, add the yogurt starter or probiotics and mix it in. Cover and let it sit for 8 hours in a warm place.
- For thin non dairy milks like almond milk, you will have to thicken it with a bit of starch and cashews blended in. Then boil, cool and add starter.
- Not all the non-dairy milks will curdle when lemon juice is added. Certain nut milks like coconut milk will not.
- If you are looking for vegan buttermilk for baking purpose, add lemon juice to soy milk and let it sit for 10 minutes. Once it begins to curdle and thicken, buttermilk is ready. This can be used in any baking recipe that calls for buttermilk.
- You can even use dairy free plain yogurt instead of buttermilk to make this beverage.
- Add half jalapeno to the blender if you want a kick out of it.
- You can substitute cilantro with mint for a more refreshing flavor.
- Skip adding curry leaves if its not available to you.
- If not vegan, use any plain yogurt to make this drink.
Calories: 36.55kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.12g | Protein: 2.59g | Fat: 0.78g | Saturated Fat: 0.35g | Cholesterol: 2.4mg | Sodium: 1228.73mg | Potassium: 201.54mg | Fiber: 0.53g | Sugar: 4.03g | Vitamin A: 209.97IU | Vitamin C: 24.81mg | Calcium: 88.91mg | Iron: 0.5mg