Mashed Potato Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Potato Cheese Sandwich is not your average sandwich! Seasoned mashed potatoes stuffed in cheesy warm bread is deliciously good. A quick and easy snack that comes together in just 20 minutes.
Transfer the mashed potatoes into a bowl.
Add spice mixes like onion powder, cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala, mixed herbs
Then add minced garlic and jalapeno along with salt.
Add dried parsley and mix it all together.
Spread I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter over Publix bakery Homestyle White Bread slices.
Spread a generous amount of seasoned mashed potatoes over it.
Smear it with green chutney.
Arrange Borden Singles Cheese Slice over it and close the sandwich.
Grill until lightly browned in a Panini Maker.
Serve these sandwiches with a side of ketchup, chutney and Cheez-It Snap’d for that extra crunch.
- Starchy potatoes like Russets or Waxy or all-purpose potatoes are the best varieties for boiling.
- It's recommended that you boil potatoes with the skin on. This keeps the nutrients inside the potato during the cooking process.
- Can use both stove-top and microwave method to boil potatoes.
- Microwave method - In a microwave safe bowl, add water and potatoes. Microwave it for 13-15 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, add water and potatoes. Cook it on a stove-top for 3-4 whistles.
- Adding salt while boiling is again personal preference.
- Potatoes will cook more quickly if you cut them up into chunks before boiling.
- Peel the skin once its cooled down.
- Be careful to not overcook the potatoes or you’ll end up with a soggy mess and little flavor.
- Potatoes are done when you can slide the tip of a knife or fork all the way through without resistance.
- It’s important to drain the potatoes immediately after cooking. I have used russet potatoes for this recipe.
- Cook the potatoes till they are soft. Then grate or mash them with a masher.
- Feel free to add the seasonings of your choice.
- Keep it mildly spiced if making it for children.
- You can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs.
- If the stuffing is a bit dry, add few tablespoons of milk.
- Green chutney can be substituted with pesto.
- Add sliced veggies like onions, bell peppers or even avocado before adding the cheese slice to make it more hearty and flavorful.
- If you don't have a Panini Maker, you can make this on the stove-top as well.
- You can prepare this stuffing in advance and store in the refrigerator.
- You can also freeze this stuffing.
Calories: 818.46kcal | Carbohydrates: 127.4g | Protein: 27.52g | Fat: 25.04g | Saturated Fat: 7.41g | Cholesterol: 2.76mg | Sodium: 1154.29mg | Potassium: 3790.37mg | Fiber: 25.9g | Sugar: 1.92g | Vitamin A: 2833.26IU | Vitamin C: 136.07mg | Calcium: 411mg | Iron: 32.09mg