Chilly Garlic Noodles
Spicy, garlicky & delicious Chilly Garlic noodles that tastes better than takeout! Make these vegan stir fry noodles in 0 minutes using just 6 ingredients. Chinese spicy noodles.
Servings 6 people
- 300 gms Hakka noodles 2 packets
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 20 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp Chinese salt or Ajinomoto optional
- Salt as required
Add Hakka Noodles to a pan along with water and salt. Cook it al dante following the instructions on the packet.
Once cooked, strain the water and keep it aside for now.
Drizzle a tbsp of oil over it and lightly toss it. This prevents the noodles from sticking together.
In a wok or large non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil. Fry minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Continue to fry till the garlic turns light brown.
Add sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms become tender and the water evaporates about 6-7 minutes.
Add bell pepper and green peas. Mix and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Lastly, add the strained noodles along with salt. Toss it all together. Chinese spicy noodles are done!
- Preferably use veg Hakka noodles for this recipe. But you can also use spaghetti or ramen noodles here. Cook it al dante following the instructions on the packet. Drizzle oil over the strained noodles and lightly mix it. This prevents the noodles from sticking together.
- Cook it in sesame oil preferably. Else use any regular cooking oil. Don't shy away from adding lots of garlic. That is what gives it its unique flavor. Fry garlic till it reaches the burning point, but do not burn it. It should become golden brown. For an extra crunch, fry some peanuts along with garlic.
- Birds eye chilis are very spicy. For maximum heat, slice them whole. For milder heat, cut them lengthwise down the middle and scrape out the seeds and veins. Else, simply use crushed red pepper flakes. You can also use Sriracha or chilly paste instead.
- This recipe is very flexible when it comes to veggies needed. You can add any vegetables you have, like spring onions, broccoli, shredded carrots, cabbage, snow peas, edamame, etc. You can also make this vegan noodle recipe without any vegetables. It tastes great. To add protein, fry tofu along with the other veggies. This recipe does not call for any sauces but feel free to add soy sauce, coconut aminos or sriracha if you want.
- After you add the cooked noodles to the wok, you need not cook it for long. Just toss it all together with the veggies and it's done. Adding Chinese salt or Ajinomoto is a personal choice. Else just use regular salt to season it.
- This vegan stir fry noodles should stay good in the fridge for at least 3 days, although it’s best eaten fresh.
Calories: 274.12kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.63g | Protein: 5.61g | Fat: 3.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.56g | Sodium: 1351.09mg | Potassium: 459.44mg | Fiber: 5.78g | Sugar: 3.79g | Vitamin A: 2294.75IU | Vitamin C: 33.28mg | Calcium: 47.72mg | Iron: 2.02mg