Lentil pancakes With Leftover Dal
These Lentil pancakes are a power packed nutritious recipe using leftover Dal. They are vegan, gluten-free, low in fat, high in protein, super easy to make in just 10 minutes!
Servings 9 pancakes
In a mixing bowl, add leftover dal.
Add chickpea flour/besan and rice flour.
Add chopped onions.
Whisk it all together to make a smooth pancake consistency batter. Add water if the batter is too thick.
Heat a pancake pan and once its hot, pour a spoonful of batter. Spread it like a pancake and drizzle oil around it. Cook both sides for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Taste and add salt as required because the leftover dal will also have salt in it.
- Since the Indian Dal is fully flavored with required spices, we don't need many ingredients in this recipe.
- This batter does not require any fermentation and the crepes can be prepared immediately.
- Rice flour helps make the pancakes crispy.
- Chopped onions gives the pancake a nice crunch.
- Add water or buttermilk to the batter to dilute it, if its too thick.
- The batter can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for 3-4 days.
- You can even freeze the batter.
Calories: 89.38kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.87g | Protein: 5.2g | Fat: 1.02g | Saturated Fat: 0.12g | Sodium: 9.28mg | Potassium: 205.34mg | Fiber: 3.37g | Sugar: 2.18g | Vitamin C: 0.91mg | Calcium: 11.97mg | Iron: 1.38mg