Eggless Whole Wheat Ghee Cookies
Try this delicious 4 ingredient cookies recipe today! This melt in the mouth kind of no egg cookies is perfect for any day & is made with ghee & wheat flour.
Servings 12 cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ghee melted
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a mixing bowl, add sieved whole wheat flour, vanilla extract, and melted ghee.
Then add castor sugar and salt.
Mix everything together and form a soft dough.
Now using a measuring spoon (tablespoon), scoop out the dough and place it on the baking tray that is lined with parchment paper.
Continue the same process for the remaining dough.
There is no need to flatten the balls.
Preheat the oven at 360 degrees F.
Bake these cookies for about 18-20 mins or until the base of the cookies starts to brown.
The baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep checking after 10 mins.
Take it out and allow it to cool down before consuming these Indian biscuits.
- Preferably use organic ghee. The best is to make it at home. I will do a tutorial soon.
- If wheat flour is not available to you, use any self-raising flour or maida.
- Always use castor sugar in baking. If you don't have, then simply grind the regular sugar in a blender and make your own powdered sugar.
- You can also use brown sugar here. Powder it before adding.
- Do not skip adding salt. Salt subtly enhances the flavor of all the ingredients. It also strengthens the protein in the dough, making cookies chewier.
- The cookie dough should not be very crumbly, should look moist and stick together well.
- If your batter seems dry, add a little water until you get the desired consistency.
- I use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough. You can also shape them with your hands or use an ice cream scoop.
- There is no need to flatten the balls.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep checking after 10 mins. Take them out when the base starts to brown. Do not overbake!
- Allow it to cool completely before consuming it.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature. They stay good for 2 weeks.
Calories: 132.96kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.57g | Protein: 1.34g | Fat: 7.71g | Saturated Fat: 4.69g | Cholesterol: 19.2mg | Sodium: 48.91mg | Potassium: 36.3mg | Fiber: 1.07g | Sugar: 8.4g | Calcium: 3.4mg | Iron: 0.36mg