Dairy Free Dalgona coffee
Dairy-free Dalgona coffee inspired by the South Korean Dalgona candy, is an iced latte drink that comes with a velvety & sweet coffee foam on top. This Korean coffee is ridiculously easy to make and is also known as the Tik Tok drink. Now, this is a drink that puts pantry staples to good use!
Servings 2 glasses
- 2 tbsp Instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup Almond milk
- pinch cinnamon powder optional
- pinch sugar optional
Add instant coffee powder to a mixing bowl.
Followed by sugar.
Then add hot water. Mix it all together using a spoon.
Beat it for a couple of minutes using either a hand whisk or an electric beater.
Continue to whisk it till you get stiff peaks and it resembles a light velvety texture.
Fill serving glass with ice cubes and pour chilled milk. Fill up to 3/4 of the glass.
Using a spoon, take a few generous helpings of the coffee whip and layer it over the milk.
For extra flavoring, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
Using your spoon or straw, stir vigorously to swirl it into your milk.
Sip and enjoy it!
- The ration of coffee: sugar: water is 1:1:1 to make one cup.
- You can also use a sugar substitute but you may not get a stiff peak.
- Use a big and wide mixing bowl to allow more air to get in. Tilt at an angle while whisking.
- Feel free to use a milk frother, electric whisk, hand whisk or spoon to get that perfect froth texture.
- Depending on what you use, it could take 2-10 mins for the mixture to turn smooth and creamy. For a light finish, stop whisking when it is still slightly runny.
- Use instant coffee, not espresso or ground coffee beans. If you drink decaf, just use decaf coffee instead.
- You can also make it with drip coffee but it needs to be very strong like an espresso. You may need to whisk it longer when using drip coffee.
- The results may vary depending on the type of ground coffee powder you have.
- Use dairy or non-dairy milk to make this coffee.
- You need to mix it together before drinking this coffee. The froth will have a slightly bittersweet taste if eaten by itself.
- For extra flavoring, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top before serving. You can also add shaved chocolate or sprinkles as toppings.
- You can also refrigerate the leftover coffee foam for 2-3 days.
- If making it for kids or you don't like coffee, simply replace the coffee with your favorite chocolate powder. You can also swap coffee with Thai Milk Tea powder and make your own Dalgona Milk Tea.
Calories: 81.59kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.27g | Protein: 1.23g | Fat: 1.52g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 171.13mg | Potassium: 176.75mg | Fiber: 0.38g | Sugar: 12.1g | Calcium: 157.05mg | Iron: 0.22mg