Here is a wholesome sandwich recipe that you can make in just 10 minutes. Made with Greek yogurt, veggies and spices, this sandwich is a quick and tasty snack.
All of us at some point have fallen back on frozen dinners. Maybe it was a long, tiring day or maybe we're not in the mood to cook. Whatever the case may be, it's always good to have frozen products in one's freezer in case of emergency. While many of us would consider frozen foods to be not as tasty as freshly cooked food, I for one believe we've actually come a long way in the realm of frozen products. Just walk down the frozen foods aisle and you will find an immense selection of entrees, bread, ice cream, vegetables, fruits, yogurts etc. If you go one step further and read the nutrition label and the ingredient list, you will probably find some fairly good choices to take home with you.
Since we are talking about frozen/refrigerated foods, let me ask you this - if I put a tub of yogurt and a packet of bread in front of you, would it ever occur to you to make a 'Yogurt Sandwich'? No, right? But let me tell you this, it tastes wonderful. This sandwich is an easy breakfast or snack recipe and a great lunch box recipe for both kids and adults. Plus given that this sandwich can be put together in just 10 minutes, it makes it a very viable snack option on busy days. It's a great way to sneak vegetables into your kids diet as well. This colorful Indian style Spiced Yogurt Sandwich is extremely flavorful to taste. Yogurt can serve as a good source of probiotics. Some kinds of yogurt aid in digestive health.
Now let me walk you through the recipe to make these Indian Spiced Yogurt Sandwiches. To a mixing bowl, add plain Fage Greek Yogurt, egg-free mayonnaise, salt, pepper, ginger paste, finely chopped veggies like bell pepper (add colorful bell peppers to make it look more appetizing), onions & grated carrots. You can even add grated beets for more color and flavor. Next add chopped parsley. Mix everything well. Keep it aside for now. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and once they crackle, add some chopped green chilies and roughly torn curry leaves to it. Fry for about 15 seconds. Pour this tempering over the yogurt mixture. Mix it well. The stuffing is now ready. Arrange 4 Three Bakers Bread slices on a tray and spread this yogurt mixture over each slice. Top with some lettuce leaves. Close it like a sandwich using another bread slice and toast it in a pan using butter. You can even grill it in a panini maker. Cut in any desired shape and serve. If you like a cold sandwich, don't toast it and consume immediately. Serve this sandwich with some ketchup or chutney.
Here are some of my favorite sandwich recipes that you can try! Mashed Potato Cheese Sandwich, Bombay Style Veg Masala Toast Sandwich, Potato Chilly Garlic Masala Toast , Herbed Mushrooms Garlic Toast, Masala Toast, Cheese Corn Toast, Sev Puri Grill Sandwich and Deconstructed Masoor Dal Cutlet Sandwich.
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out by leaving a comment below or sharing a picture on Instagram @cookilicious with the hashtag #cookiliciousveg. I love hearing your feedback!
Like this recipe? Please show your love by leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating below!
- 200 gms Fage Greek Yogurt Plain
- 2-3 tablespoon Egg free Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- 6 slices Three Bakers Bread Great Seed Whole Grain and 7 Seed Bread
- 3 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- ½ tablespoon Black Mustard seeds
- 4-5 shredded curry leaves
- To a mixing bowl, add plain Fage Greek Yogurt.
- To this add egg-free mayonnaise, salt, pepper, ginger paste, finely chopped veggies like bell pepper, onions, grated carrots, chopped parsley and chopped jalapeno.
- Give it a mix. Keep it aside for now.
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and once they crackle, add roughly torn curry leaves to it.
- Fry for 10 seconds. Pour this tempering over the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well. The sandwich stuffing is now ready.
- Arrange 3 Three Bakers Bread slices over a tray and spread this yogurt mixture over each slice.
- Top it with some lettuce leaves.
- Close it like a sandwich using another bread slice and toast it in a pan using butter. You can even grill it in a Panini Maker or toast the bread in a regular toaster first and then make the sandwich. If you like a cold sandwich, consume without toasting.
- Cut in any desired shape and serve.
- Serve this sandwich with some ketchup or chutney.