Vegan Raspberry Rose Hot Chocolate with marshmallows is a warm and comforting drink made with raspberry puree and chocolate. Ready in minutes!
Can you say NO to hot cocoa?
If your answer is no, then I guess, then you are not like some of us. We may be a small majority, but we exist!
Are you shocked to know that I am not a huge fan of hot chocolate?
The thing is, I can't have anything hot and because of that, I have to wait for it to cool down to enjoy it.
That's precisely why I am not a soup person too! I enjoy cold drinks over hot ones. This is why I enjoy my hot chocolate, cold and KR thinks I am crazy for doing that!
For the love of chocolate!
But I enjoy chocolate! What's a dessert without chocolate in it? Don't you agree?
- Chocolate Coconut Vegan Ice Cream
- Thandai Chocolate Bark
- Vegan Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Vegan Chocolate bars
Do raspberries go well with chocolate?
We all know that strawberries and chocolates go well, but have you tried raspberries and chocolate together?
If you have not, then you must try this combo immediately. The tart raspberry cuts through the rich, dark chocolate and gives a unique flavor.
Wait, unless we count Raspberry Dates Coconut Balls as a dessert!
So I thought this Valentine's day is the perfect occasion to try out a new drink recipe with these two ingredients and serve it along with Breadcrumbs Pasta Salad.
Why make this
This hot chocolate with marshmallows is one irresistible drink that you will love instantly!
- Different than the regular hot chocolate recipe
- Has a unique raspberry chocolate combo flavor
- Is vegan
- Super quick and easy to make
- Put that chocolate box you get as gifts during Valentine's day or the holidays to good use (Remember Ferrero Rocher Cookies?)
- You can also ask your little ones to help you make this drink
Raspberries - I have made this with fresh and frozen raspberries and both work great.
Look for raspberries with a deep red color. They should look lively and hold their shape well. Only buy when you need them as they tend to turn bad rather quickly.
Sweetener - You can use white sugar, jaggery powder, brown or cane sugar.
Chocolate - I have used dark chocolate in this recipe. But you can also use white or milk chocolate.
Milk - Any non-dairy milk will work here. I used almond milk.
Cream - Can use store-bought or homemade vegan heavy cream.
Marshmallows - I have used vegan marshmallows here. You can find them easily at any grocery store or Amazon now.
Rose extract and red food color for flavor and color.
Here's how to make it
- The first step is to make the raspberry puree. Mix raspberries and sugar in a bowl. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Transfer it to a blender and blitz to make a smooth puree. There is no need to add any water.
- If needed, you can pass the raspberry puree through a sieve to throw away the seeds. Otherwise, set it aside for now.
- In a pan, add milk and heavy cream and cook over a medium flame.
- Once it begins to simmer and bubbles begin to appear, lower the flame. Add the raspberry puree and mix.
- Then add the chocolate, rose essence, salt, and red color to this mix. Give it a stir till the chocolate melts. Take it off the flame.
Serve immediately. There are many ways to serve this hot chocolate raspberry drink.
- Top it with toasted marshmallows and enjoy it as a cozy winter drink.
- Put whipped cream and sprinkles on top.
- Garnish with dried rose petals and raspberries.
The deep pink color of this drink makes it appetizing and ideal for Valentine's day.
However, this Hot Chocolate with marshmallows is not just for couples, it can be made for the whole family. In fact, kids will love this vegan hot cocoa.
I would say, why not make this for your Galentine's dinner? It's the perfect warm chocolate raspberry drink to enjoy with your girlfriends!
I also make this vegan hot chocolate on days I am feeling low or need a pick-me-up while I just laze on my couch watching TV! It's ideal for days like these!
What foods pair well with Raspberry Hot Chocolate?
I would serve some salted popcorn with this Hot Chocolate with marshmallows! I just love this combo when snuggled up on the couch.
Something salty or spicy works well with chocolate. So you can also serve some pretzels or Smoky Spicy Almonds.
Some even like to pair it with crunchy seed crackers with salty cheese on top. If you are looking for some sweet option, then anything mint flavored works.
You can also try tart cherries, dried cranberries, candied fruits, or sour citrus fruits like oranges, kumquats, and tangerines.
But frankly speaking, I don't need anything with this drink! It's perfect as is!
Top tips, recommendations, and suggestions
Prepare the raspberry puree in advance and store/freeze it. Then use as and when required.
While this is the kid-friendly version, for grownups, mix a little warm brandy or tequila, and you've got the perfect holiday drink.
Other unique ways to liven up hot chocolate include adding coffee, spices, and extracts. Try them.
This recipe can be made using regular milk and cream as well. You can also skip adding milk and make vegan hot chocolate in water. However, you will lose the creamy feel and flavor.
Substitute raspberries with any other berries like strawberries or blueberries if you want. In the end, add a pinch of salt if needed to balance the flavors.
Use chocolate chips, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate to make this drink. In fact, you can even use the chocolates you get as gifts during Valentine's day or the holidays!
Adding food color is purely optional. You can use store-bought food colors or use natural food colors.
Leftover Chocolate Raspberry drink can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days. You can consume this drink cold or just heat it up again before serving.
You may freeze it as well. Before serving, transfer it to a food processor, and process it with little milk until smooth.
Fun tip - Pour leftover hot chocolate in Popsicle molds and freeze them! Then enjoy some Hot Chocolate Frozen Popsicles!
If you’ve tried this Vegan Raspberry Rose Hot Chocolate Recipe or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how it went by commenting below, I love hearing from you!
Vegan Raspberry Rose Hot Chocolate
To make the Raspberry Puree
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
To make the Rasberry Puree
- Add raspberries and sugar to a bowl.
- Mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Blitz to a puree in a blender.
To make the Hot Chocolate
- To a pan, add milk and heavy cream and cook over a medium flame.
- Once it begins to simmer and bubbles begin to appear, lower the flame. Add the raspberry puree.
- Then add chocolate, rose essence, salt and red color to this mix. Stir well till the chocolate melts.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream and raspberries on top.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.